Writers Writing. Write? Right!
- Gluttony "Gluttony is not a secret vice." -–Orson Welles
- Misapprehension "To label me an intellectual is a misunderstanding of what that is." --Dick Cavett [photo courtesy of the New York Times Opinion blog; […]
- Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley I met a traveler from an antique land Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand, Half […]
- Edinburgh Book Festival Speaker: The End of Writers Here's a cheerful way to start your day, fellow writers: grab a double latte before you read this decidedly bleak view of the impending […]
- Find the Latest Google Updates Here's a link to Google's Official Blog; keep yourself up to date on Google's latest innovations: Google's Official Blog.
- Social Climber "I started at the top and worked my way down." -—Orson Welles
- Truer Words Were Never Spoken "Keep in mind that the true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good." --Ann Landers
- Communications Simplified by a Genius "You see, a wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. […]
- Apple Accused of Violating Chinese Writers’ Copyrights In an interesting twist, twelve Chinese authors have accused Apple Inc. of violating their copyrights by publishing and selling their works […]
- Think About It "A society made up of individuals who were all capable of original thought would probably be unendurable." --HL Mencken
TagsAbraham Lincoln Albert Einstein Amazon Amazon.com Ann Landers books business Dave Barry e-books ebooks economics education George Carlin Google HL Mencken humor intellectuals Jeff Bezos kindle Kindle Fire Mark Twain Oscar Wilde philosophy physics politics publishing Robert Oppenheimer self-publishing Sinclair Lewis success web design Will Rogers Winston Churchill Woody Allen writers writing