Writers Writing. Write? Right!
- Edinburgh Book Festival Speaker: The End of Writers Here's a cheerful way to start your day, fellow writers: grab a double latte before you read this decidedly bleak view of the impending […]
- Why I Love Being A Writer "We have the power to bore people long after we are dead." --Sinclair Lewis
- Celebrity Defined "A celebrity is one who is known to many persons he is glad he doesn't know." --H.L. Mencken
- A Celebration of BAD (Really Bad) Writing This speaks most elegantly for itself: enjoy perusing the Worst Opening Lines produced by the 2011 competitors for the Bulwer-Lytton Prize […]
- Political/Economics Writers: 2012 US Budget on PDF Attention Political Writers: The 2012 US Budget Appendix is available for free pdf download at the White House site (mercifully, divided […]
- Meeting Your Maker "I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter." --Sir Winston Churchill
- Misapprehension "To label me an intellectual is a misunderstanding of what that is." --Dick Cavett [photo courtesy of the New York Times Opinion blog; […]
- How to Find Incoming Links to Your Site Another great service from Google: here are a couple of methods for finding incoming links to your site.
- Ignorance "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." --Will Rogers
- Great Spirits "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man […]
TagsAbraham Lincoln Albert Einstein Amazon Amazon.com Ann Landers atomic bomb books business Dave Barry e-books ebooks economics education George Carlin Google HL Mencken humor intellectuals Jeff Bezos kindle Kindle Fire Mark Twain Oscar Wilde philosophy physics politics publishing Robert Oppenheimer self-publishing Sinclair Lewis web design Will Rogers Winston Churchill Woody Allen writers writing