Writers Writing. Write? Right!
- Marketing Defined "Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don’t have for something they don’t need." —-Will Rogers
- Colorful Characters Looking for colorful character ideas to enliven your next short story? Browse these, if you dare.
- God’s Overestimation "I sometimes think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." --Oscar Wilde
- Language Conceals the Truth "By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." --George Carlin
- Sage Advice "You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise, they won't come to yours." --Lawrence "Yogi" Berra
- World War IV "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -–Albert Einstein
- Social Climber "I started at the top and worked my way down." -—Orson Welles
- Colson Whitehead’s Rules for Writing Here's a fun piece from the New York Times: Colson Whitehead shares his advice: How to Write.
- Journalistic Objectivity Defined "We journalists make it a point to know very little about an extremely wide variety of topics; this is how we stay objective." --Dave […]
- Puritanism Defined "Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy." --H.L. Mencken
TagsAbraham Lincoln Albert Einstein Amazon Amazon.com Ann Landers books business Dave Barry e-books ebooks economics education George Carlin Google HL Mencken humor intellectuals Jeff Bezos kindle Kindle Fire Mark Twain Oscar Wilde philosophy physics politics publishing Robert Oppenheimer self-publishing Sinclair Lewis success web design Will Rogers Winston Churchill Woody Allen writers writing