Writers Writing. Write? Right!
- Amazon’s Sales of E-Books Now Outstrips Print Copies MAY 19, 2011: Amazon has announced that it now sells 105 e-books for every 100 print books it sells. Got your Kindle Yet?
- Autobiographies "When you put down the good things you ought to have done, and leave out the bad ones you did do well, that's Memoirs." --Will Rogers
- Amazon Tablet Coming Soon! Rumor has it that Amazon's new tablet computer will be available by October 2011. And it's said that a touchscreen Kindle may be on the […]
- Marketing Defined "Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don’t have for something they don’t need." —-Will Rogers
- Joys of Lecturing "When audiences come to see us authors lecture, it is largely in the hope that we'll be funnier to look at than to read." --Sinclair […]
- What? "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did." ---George Carlin
- Optimists and Pessimists "The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true." —–J. Robert Oppenheimer
- Tolstoy, Anyone? "I took a speed-reading course and read War and Peace in twenty minutes. It involves Russia." --Woody Allen
- Edinburgh Book Festival Speaker: The End of Writers Here's a cheerful way to start your day, fellow writers: grab a double latte before you read this decidedly bleak view of the impending […]
- Meeting Your Maker "I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter." --Sir Winston Churchill
TagsAbraham Lincoln Albert Einstein Amazon Amazon.com Ann Landers atomic bomb books business Dave Barry e-books ebooks economics education George Carlin Google HL Mencken humor intellectuals Jeff Bezos kindle Kindle Fire Mark Twain Oscar Wilde philosophy physics politics publishing Robert Oppenheimer self-publishing Sinclair Lewis web design Will Rogers Winston Churchill Woody Allen writers writing