Writers Writing. Write? Right!
- Perfect Definition of Success "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." ----Sir Winston Churchill
- Dave Barry vs. the Metric System "The weightlifting competition I saw was the women’s 63 kg class. I’m not sure whether this means the actual women weighed 63 kg or the […]
- Mencken’s Marketing "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." --H.L. Mencken
- Autobiographies "When you put down the good things you ought to have done, and leave out the bad ones you did do well, that's Memoirs." --Will Rogers
- The True Purpose of Education is to Illuminate Your Own Ignorance No man should escape our universities without knowing how little he knows. --J. Robert Oppenheimer
- Colson Whitehead’s Rules for Writing Here's a fun piece from the New York Times: Colson Whitehead shares his advice: How to Write.
- A Flock of Seagulls: And I Ra-a-a-an… Scientists at the University of Leeds say that humans flock like sheep and birds, subconsciously following a minority of […]
- Backup Your WordPress Blog Web site backups may be boring, but they're essential to good web hygiene. Here's the official WordPress guide to backing up your blog […]
- Book Review: Googled by Ken Auletta Googled: The End of the World As We Know It * * * Interesting in Parts, But Reads Too Much Like A Corporate Dossier (Snapshot Review by […]
- Amazon Tablet Coming Soon! Rumor has it that Amazon's new tablet computer will be available by October 2011. And it's said that a touchscreen Kindle may be on the […]
TagsAbraham Lincoln Albert Einstein Amazon Amazon.com Ann Landers books business Dave Barry e-books ebooks economics education George Carlin Google HL Mencken humor intellectuals Jeff Bezos kindle Kindle Fire Mark Twain Oscar Wilde philosophy physics politics publishing Robert Oppenheimer self-publishing Sinclair Lewis success web design Will Rogers Winston Churchill Woody Allen writers writing