Writers Writing. Write? Right!
- Lost In Translation "In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own […]
- All The World’s A Stage… "The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." --Oscar Wilde
- Political/Economics Writers: 2012 US Budget on PDF Attention Political Writers: The 2012 US Budget Appendix is available for free pdf download at the White House site (mercifully, divided […]
- US Justice Department: Price Fixing of E-books Out; Apple, HarperCollins, and More The Wall Street Journal (a division of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation) has reported that another of News Corp's properties, the […]
- Amazon Introducing Library Lending to Kindle Here's a nicely written, detailed piece from the LA Times about Amazon's plans to make Kindle books "loanable" through public […]
- Writing "I think I did pretty well, considering I started out with nothing but a bunch of blank paper." --Steve Martin
- Wealthy Janitors "Many wealthy people are little more than janitors of their possessions." --Frank Lloyd Wright
- Amazon’s Sales of E-Books Now Outstrips Print Copies MAY 19, 2011: Amazon has announced that it now sells 105 e-books for every 100 print books it sells. Got your Kindle Yet?
- Dave Barry vs. the Metric System "The weightlifting competition I saw was the women’s 63 kg class. I’m not sure whether this means the actual women weighed 63 kg or the […]
- Perfect Love Defined "No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century." --Mark Twain
TagsAbraham Lincoln Albert Einstein Amazon Amazon.com books business Dave Barry e-books ebooks economics education George Carlin Google HL Mencken humor intellectuals Jeff Bezos kindle Kindle Fire Mark Twain Oscar Wilde philosophy physics politics publishing religion Robert Oppenheimer self-publishing Sinclair Lewis success web design Will Rogers Winston Churchill Woody Allen writers writing