Writers Writing. Write? Right!
- Amazon Introducing Library Lending to Kindle Here's a nicely written, detailed piece from the LA Times about Amazon's plans to make Kindle books "loanable" through public […]
- The True Purpose of Education is to Illuminate Your Own Ignorance No man should escape our universities without knowing how little he knows. --J. Robert Oppenheimer
- Will Rogers on Deficit "Alexander Hamilton started the U.S. Treasury with nothing, and that was the closest our country has ever been to being even." --Will […]
- Good News for Writers and Authors: Amazon Enters Publishing Arena Amazon has made the leap from bookseller to book publisher (and NOT just ebooks). If you're a writer, you've got to learn more here. More […]
- Disorganized Democrats "I don't belong to any organized political party. I'm a Democrat." --Will Rogers
- Truer Words Were Never Spoken "Keep in mind that the true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good." --Ann Landers
- Masters Degrees Equaling Massive Debt Every now and then, I'm contacted by people recently graduated from Ivy League schools who want to go to work for WordPros. The […]
- Colson Whitehead’s Rules for Writing Here's a fun piece from the New York Times: Colson Whitehead shares his advice: How to Write.
- Geek Out: Google Domestic Trend Charts Here's a cool resource for economic freelancers (or for anyone who is interested in real world charts and graphs): America's past economic […]
- Value Your Privacy? Borders Didn’t. Consumer Reports says that a federal bankruptcy court allowed Borders Bookstores to SELL customers' contact information and purchase […]
TagsAbraham Lincoln Albert Einstein Amazon Amazon.com Ann Landers books business Dave Barry e-books ebooks economics education George Carlin Google HL Mencken humor intellectuals Jeff Bezos kindle Kindle Fire Mark Twain Oscar Wilde philosophy physics politics publishing Robert Oppenheimer self-publishing Sinclair Lewis success web design Will Rogers Winston Churchill Woody Allen writers writing