Writers Writing. Write? Right!
- A Most Worthy Project: Archive.org Founder Archives Physical Books for Posterity This is a must-read for any book lover: Archive.org founder and data mining pioneer Brewster Kahle has undertaken the gargantuan task of […]
- My Religion "When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion." --Abraham Lincoln
- Journalistic Objectivity Defined "We journalists make it a point to know very little about an extremely wide variety of topics; this is how we stay objective." --Dave […]
- Carlin on Driving "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" --George Carlin
- Edinburgh Book Festival Speaker: The End of Writers Here's a cheerful way to start your day, fellow writers: grab a double latte before you read this decidedly bleak view of the impending […]
- Colorful Characters Looking for colorful character ideas to enliven your next short story? Browse these, if you dare.
- Lost In Translation "In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own […]
- Autobiographies "When you put down the good things you ought to have done, and leave out the bad ones you did do well, that's Memoirs." --Will Rogers
- Pre-Release Review of Kindle Fire: Thumbs up! Thinking of getting a Kindle Fire for yourself or as a gift for your favorite nephew? The Fire's being released tomorrow (November 15, […]
- Wilde Procrastination "I never put off till tomorrow what I can do the day after." --Oscar Wilde
TagsAbraham Lincoln Albert Einstein Amazon Amazon.com books business Dave Barry e-books ebooks economics education George Carlin Google HL Mencken humor intellectuals Jeff Bezos kindle Kindle Fire Mark Twain Oscar Wilde philosophy physics politics publishing religion Robert Oppenheimer self-publishing Sinclair Lewis success web design Will Rogers Winston Churchill Woody Allen writers writing