Writers Writing. Write? Right!
- The Best Stock Advice I Ever Heard "Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy […]
- Lost In Translation "In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own […]
- Carlin on Driving "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" --George Carlin
- Changes to Newspapers On behalf of the newspaper industry, I wish to announce some changes we're making to serve you better. When I say “serve you better,” I […]
- Colorful Characters Looking for colorful character ideas to enliven your next short story? Browse these, if you dare.
- Education "[I do not] carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the […]
- Edinburgh Book Festival Speaker: The End of Writers Here's a cheerful way to start your day, fellow writers: grab a double latte before you read this decidedly bleak view of the impending […]
- Print Calendars FREE Here's a favorite site I've been using for years for printing free calendars (hearkens back to the early days of the internet--lots of […]
- Thought for the Day "One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your three closest friends; if they seem OK, then you're the […]
- World War IV "I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth — rocks!" -–Albert Einstein
TagsAbraham Lincoln Albert Einstein Amazon Amazon.com Ann Landers atomic bomb books business Dave Barry e-books ebooks economics education George Carlin Google HL Mencken humor intellectuals Jeff Bezos kindle Kindle Fire Mark Twain Oscar Wilde philosophy physics politics publishing Robert Oppenheimer self-publishing Sinclair Lewis web design Will Rogers Winston Churchill Woody Allen writers writing