Writers Writing. Write? Right!
- The True Purpose of Education is to Illuminate Your Own Ignorance No man should escape our universities without knowing how little he knows. --J. Robert Oppenheimer
- Education "[I do not] carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the […]
- Argument Against Democracy "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." ---Sir Winston Churchill
- Optimists and Pessimists "The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true." —–J. Robert Oppenheimer
- Journalistic Objectivity Defined "We journalists make it a point to know very little about an extremely wide variety of topics; this is how we stay objective." --Dave […]
- Is Writing Bad for You? We're often asked: "What's it REALLY like to be a writer?" The short answer is it's harder than it sounds. Guardian columnist Rick […]
- Amazon’s Sales of E-Books Now Outstrips Print Copies MAY 19, 2011: Amazon has announced that it now sells 105 e-books for every 100 print books it sells. Got your Kindle Yet?
- A Celebration of BAD (Really Bad) Writing This speaks most elegantly for itself: enjoy perusing the Worst Opening Lines produced by the 2011 competitors for the Bulwer-Lytton Prize […]
- It’s True! Amazon Introducing a Tablet This Fall Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has confirmed that Amazon will indeed be selling an Amazon-branded 7" cloud-based tablet PC this Fall (November). […]
- Think About It "A society made up of individuals who were all capable of original thought would probably be unendurable." --HL Mencken
TagsAbraham Lincoln Albert Einstein Amazon Amazon.com Ann Landers atomic bomb books business Dave Barry e-books ebooks economics education George Carlin Google HL Mencken humor intellectuals Jeff Bezos kindle Kindle Fire Mark Twain Oscar Wilde philosophy physics politics publishing Robert Oppenheimer self-publishing Sinclair Lewis web design Will Rogers Winston Churchill Woody Allen writers writing