Writers Writing. Write? Right!
- Joys of Lecturing "When audiences come to see us authors lecture, it is largely in the hope that we'll be funnier to look at than to read." --Sinclair […]
- Knowledge "I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better […]
- A Celebration of BAD (Really Bad) Writing This speaks most elegantly for itself: enjoy perusing the Worst Opening Lines produced by the 2011 competitors for the Bulwer-Lytton Prize […]
- Sage Advice "You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise, they won't come to yours." --Lawrence "Yogi" Berra
- Education "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." --Albert Einstein
- Apple Accused of Violating Chinese Writers’ Copyrights In an interesting twist, twelve Chinese authors have accused Apple Inc. of violating their copyrights by publishing and selling their works […]
- Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley I met a traveler from an antique land Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand, Half […]
- Colson Whitehead’s Rules for Writing Here's a fun piece from the New York Times: Colson Whitehead shares his advice: How to Write.
- Everything Is Funny "Everything is funny. As long as it is happening to someone else." --Will Rogers
- Geek Out: Google Domestic Trend Charts Here's a cool resource for economic freelancers (or for anyone who is interested in real world charts and graphs): America's past economic […]
TagsAbraham Lincoln Albert Einstein Amazon Amazon.com books business Dave Barry e-books ebooks economics education George Carlin Google HL Mencken humor intellectuals Jeff Bezos kindle Kindle Fire Mark Twain Oscar Wilde philosophy physics politics publishing religion Robert Oppenheimer self-publishing Sinclair Lewis success web design Will Rogers Winston Churchill Woody Allen writers writing