Writers Writing. Write? Right!
- City Structure vs. Mental Structure "What is it about certain cities and places that fosters specific attitudes? Am I imagining that this is the case? To what extent does the […]
- Meeting Your Maker "I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter." --Sir Winston Churchill
- God’s Overestimation "I sometimes think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." --Oscar Wilde
- Wilde Procrastination "I never put off till tomorrow what I can do the day after." --Oscar Wilde
- Colson Whitehead’s Rules for Writing Here's a fun piece from the New York Times: Colson Whitehead shares his advice: How to Write.
- Lost In Translation "In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own […]
- Masters Degrees Equaling Massive Debt Every now and then, I'm contacted by people recently graduated from Ivy League schools who want to go to work for WordPros. The […]
- Amazon Tablet Coming Soon! Rumor has it that Amazon's new tablet computer will be available by October 2011. And it's said that a touchscreen Kindle may be on the […]
- Poor Orphan “He reminds me of the man who murdered both his parents, and then, when sentence was about to be pronounced, pleaded for mercy on the […]
- Communications Simplified by a Genius "You see, a wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. […]
TagsAbraham Lincoln Albert Einstein Amazon Amazon.com Ann Landers books business Dave Barry e-books ebooks economics education George Carlin Google HL Mencken humor intellectuals Jeff Bezos kindle Kindle Fire Mark Twain Oscar Wilde philosophy physics politics publishing Robert Oppenheimer self-publishing Sinclair Lewis success web design Will Rogers Winston Churchill Woody Allen writers writing